Book Review: Annie John by Jamaica Kincaid

Hello my lovelies,

I just wanted to do another quick book review by my favorite author Ms. Jamaica Kincaid. 






Annie John by Jamaica Kincaid is my Favorite book of all times.  I can't tell you how many times i have read this book. The first time I read this book was around 9 or 10 years old. My cousins, while i was living in Grenada,  had this book as part of   their English Literature Class and i was so smitten by the cover, I felt i HAD to read it. This book actually started by craving for books, especially written by Caribbean Female authors.

This book is a coming age book about the life of Annie John, a nine year old girl growing up on the island of Antigua. It traces her story, with her parents, her education and her friends. IT really takes the reader on a journey through what it is like for a young girl growing up in a small island, definitely something i can relate too. I definitely feel that this book has a lot of similarities to my own experience growing up. I really think you guys will enjoy this book, so next time you are looking for a cute coming of age story be sure to check this one out.

Comments

Popular Posts