A small collection of GREAT books that I have read in the last little while.

Hello all,

I just wanted to come with a post on some GREAT books that I have read over the last little while. I am always on the hunt for new books or books that people found absolutely fabulous. I will just list a few books that I found interesting or great.  I will keep adding when I remember other books.


Great Books I have read in the last two years or so

 *The Kite Runner- Khalid Hosseini
Song of Solomon-Toni Morrison
*Wide Sargasso Sea-Jean Rhys



The Memory Keepers Daughter- Kim Edwards
*The Alchemist –Paulo Coelho
Eleven Minutes-Paulo Coelho
*THe book of Night women-Marlon James
John Crow's Devil -Marlon James 
*The Shack-William P. Young

*Breath, eyes, Memory-Edwidge Danticat


*Farming of Bones-Edwidge Danticat


*Dew Breaker-Edwidge Danticat


Brother,Im dying-Edwidge Danticat


Green days by the River-Michael Anthony


*Half of a Yellow Sun-Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


*Purple Hibiscus: A Novel –Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie


Fruit of The Lemon-Andrea Levy


Small Island-Andrea Levy


My Brother-Jamaica Kincaid


Lucy-Jamaica Kincaid


*Under the Silk Cotton Tree-Jean Buffong


Talk Stories-Jamaica Kincaid


At the Bottom of the River-Jamaica Kincaid


Autobiography of My Mother-Jamaica Kincaid


Every Light in the House Burnin’-Andrea Levy


Swinging Bridge –Ramabai Espinet

*The Colour Purple-Alice  Walker

*The Bluest Eye-Toni Morrison

*Beloved-Toni Morrison



Books waiting in the Pipeline to be read (Most I own others I do not..yet )


A Fine Balance- Rohinton Mistry  (started but didn't finish)


*Brick Lane: A Novel-Monica Ali


One Hundred Years of Solitude-Marquez G Garcia


Love in the time of Choloera- Marquez G Garcia


*The Long way Gone –Ishmael Beah


Decision points-George Bush


Duma Key-Stephen King


Being Alice –Lisa Genova

*Invisble Man-Ralph Elliot


*Say you’re one of them-Uwem Akpan

*Their Eyes were watching God - Zora Neal Hurston


*The white Tiger-Arabind Adiga

*The Story of Edgar Sawtelle-David Wroblewski


*Animal People -Indra Sinha


*Middlesex-Jeffrey Eugenides


*The book of Negroes- Lawrence Hill
*The KNown World- Edward P. Jones

Night-Elie Wiesel



*books I own




Comments

Popular Posts